Oculus Quest 2 is a self-contained virtual reality headset. It does not require any external tracking devices or connection to a computer. This makes it an ideal headset for VR gaming, and other experiences.
Sometimes virtual reality can feel lonely. You can’t share virtual reality with your friends because you are encased in the headset. Meta has cleverly integrated casting so that you can have fun playing by yourself.
You can project what the VR gamer sees onto a TV to make it more accessible. Although it won’t be true 3D, everyone can still enjoy the action.
How to cast the Quest 2 from the headset to a TV ?
Cast from your headset to any TV that supports casting, such as a smart TV with a Chromecast or a TV equipped with a Chromecast.
- Turn on the TV to see the Quest 2.
- Both devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- To see the home menu, press the Oculus button at the right-hand controller.
- Click the share button at the bottom-right corner.
- Click Cast in the Sharing window. To cast video from your headset, use the Sharing button on the home menu.
- Click the Cast From This Headset popup to locate your TV or another casting device.
- Click Next.
Now, you should be casting the headset’s video to your television.
How to cast Quest 2 to a television from the app ?
Casting can be done from your smartphone’s Oculus app. You will need to download the Oculus app via Google Play or the App Store. Once you have it installed, log into your Meta Oculus or Facebook account to set it up.
- Turn on your TV to see Quest 2.
- Both devices should be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Start the Oculus App on your smartphone.
- Tap the Cast icon at the upper-right corner.
- Tap the arrow at the right of this phone. Tap the Cast To pop up at the bottom. The Casting button can be found at the top of the app.
- Tap Start
What do you need for Oculus Casting?
You will need the headset and a Google Chromecast device to cast your Meta Oculus Quest experience to a TV.
Chromecast is available on some TVs and smart screen. You can also purchase a Chromecast dongle. Both the headset and TV must be connected to the same Wi Fi network.
Why should You cast Oculus Quest 2 to a TV?
Casting your Quest 2 headset allows you to share your viewpoint with everyone around you. This allows more people to experience VR gaming.
How can you cast an Oculus Quest 2 to a Fire Stick ?
You will need to install an app such as AirScreen on your Fire Stick to cast an Oculus Qest 2 to an Amazon Fire Stick.
Open the app and tap Start. Wait for the devices to sync. Wear the Oculus headset and select Sharing > Start Headset casting > Choose your device > Select Start.
Conclusion : Casting Oculus Meta Quest 2 to a TV is very easy. Follow the guide mentioned above to make the process simple. Any suggestions or queries do let us know in the comments section.