CBS ALL Access : Over the Top Platforms, popularly called OTT have gained the new wind in recent times. Gone are the days of DVD, VCD, or waiting for movies and shows to come on Torrents. With such platforms, now you can enjoy all of the shows and movies as soon as they get launched.
Gone are the long hours of waiting. All you need to do is keep paying the subscription fee as per the billing cycle. One of the popular platforms on the list is CBS All Access. Thus, in our blog for the day, we are focusing on Complete Facts about the platform.
What Exactly is CBS ALL Access ?
CBS All Access is the video streaming service coming under CBS Interactive (owned by Viacom CBS). In simple words, it is the live service to view all of the shows aired by CBS on the TV and you can find all of your favorite ones under the common platform.
Starting the venture in 2014, now it has expanded to air shows beyond the CBS network i.e. you can also view Paramount films and shows from BET and Nickelodeon. Get the subscription plan of CBS All and you gain the advantage of viewing before actual airing on the TV.
CBS ALl Access official Website : Click here
CBS ALL Access | Price & Plans
CBS All Access offers two categories of plans to the viewers, as follows:
Limited commercials– It is the base plan that comes up with the pricing of USD 5.99 per month. With this, you can create a single user profile and use the same on a maximum of three devices. As an incentive, you can opt for either of the billing cycles:
- Annual payment of USD 59.99 that offers you a 15% discount when compared to the monthly cycle.
- Combining the subscription with Showtime streaming service to get the bundle discount on both of the services.
Commercial Free- It is the next plan with the pricing of USD 9.99 per month. Having the same features as previous, you get the added benefit of no commercials during the airing of content. But, if you are opting for the Live TV option in the account (i.e. viewing as per the original airing on TV), then you cannot skip the commercials that come up in general.
Just like Limited Commercials, you can also opt for an annual billing cycle to earn a discount. Alternatively, if you are a student, then the plan offers you a 25% flat discount. Just upload the requisite proofs while claiming for these.
Types of streaming : CBS ALL Access
As you gain the account of CBS All Access, you unlock more than 15000 episodes of the different shows and movies. Then you can easily choose to view the same out of the 5 different programming options mentioned below:
- Live TV i.e. viewing as per the original airing on TV from the local CBS station. (As of recent update it is available in only selected locations, thus ensure that you double-check on it).
- Episodes of the current shows running on CBS.
- Episodes of the classic shows/ the ones that were previously aired by the network.
- On-demand movies i.e. recent releases in theatres.
- Original Programming.
Hence, grab up your buddies and go for any of these options easily.
The supporting devices
With CBS All Access account, you can easily view the content on either of the devices mentioned below:
- iOS devices
- Apple TV
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Smart TV
- Google Home
- Conventional PCs
Is CBS ALL Access worth to opt for?
When it comes to judging the platform on this point, you need to understand the pros and cons of the channel. The pros include the following:
- The perfect viewing experience of Live TV, especially of different matches like soccer, NFL and others.
- Parental control feature to regulate the content viewed by the kids.
- One week of free trial to judge the overall platform.
- The option of offline viewing in Commercial Free plan i.e. you can download the episodes and view them even in absence of network connection.
However, it has the biggest con of limited original TV series i.e. only 13 in number, when compared to the other OTT like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, and such. Also, the maximum available resolution is 720p (thus if you project it on bigger TV, then you might face issues of video clarity).
Therefore, if you are a fan of original content, then you might not be satisfied with the services. In other cases, it would be worth every dollar invested in the billing.
The parental options
The shows and movies on CBS All Access are categorized as follows:
- Adult content
- Teen content
- Older kids content
- All kids content
Apart from this, the parents can also use the feature of pin locking to lock any content that they find unsuitable for kids. Just set the 4-digit pin and you can find a blue circle displayed on the icon of the episode or movie.
Feel free to let us know in the comments if you have any queries on getting CBS All Access. And do not forget to like, share, and subscribe for more of such content.