Just like the Android users get the repository apps of Google Drive and Google One for various synchronization and backup of data of the device, similarly, the Apple users enjoy the same in form of iCloud. With this facility, they can easily backup their device data and look up for various forms of retrieval in the future in case of any end moment inconveniences.
In every Apple device, the iCloud comes by default and you can easily back up your data of photos, contacts, videos, files and even synchronize different applications with it. This helps you out in pulling out the files easily from different sources and even track the devices in case of untimely loss.
Now, you can also set up a free iCloud email address in various other platforms to not keep the fun limited to only the Apple environment. Read on to find more about the process.
Creating a fresh iCloud email address
This is one of the basic ways of entering into the world of iCloud. Go for the following steps to execute the process conveniently:
- Open the Apple Store of your device and click on the face icon on it.
- Tap on the option to create a new Apple ID.
- Create the new email address with the suffix of iCloud.com, and fill up the rest of the details asked, like billing address, payment methods, and so on.
- Tap on Agree terms and conditions and then move forward.
- Enter the asked details and confirm the phone number associated with the SIM of the device.
- Confirm the changes and proceed with the required verification to set up the email address.
With this, now you can easily set up and view the requisite on associated devices of Apple environment.
Creating a free iCloud account on older Windows devices
Now, you can also enjoy iCloud on the older OS versions of Windows PC and laptops. Just go for the following steps to do so:
- Go to the website link of iCloud for Windows.
- Click on the option given in it to Download for Windows and then proceed with the installation process.
- Accept the terms and conditions and then proceed with the given prompts on the screen.
- Click on Finish and reboot the device.
- Post this, click on the iCloud icon and go for either log in with existing credentials or setting up a new free account, like previously.
Creating a free iCloud account on Windows 10
You can also go for creating an account on Windows 10. The only difference between the older OS versions and Windows 10 lies between the version of iCloud that gets installed into each. Thus, go to the link of iCloud for Windows 10 and follow the steps as given below:
- Hit on the download option, to begin with, the process of extracting the .exe version of the file.
- Open it and complete all of the prompts asked.
- Reboot the device and open the app.
- If you do not have any existing credentials for iCloud, go for fresh account creation.
With this, you learned about different ways of getting iCloud email for free. Kudos to all of you! Let us know of your queries and concerns in the comments section and they would get answered quickly.