Managing the device storage : The current mobile users must access the contents of the internet regularly and download stuff from there that can be helpful. As a result, you end up downloading multiple files in a day and referring them for future inferences. But there is a trick to this.
Often, we download some big files and then completely forget about those. Imagine if those would have been just simple documents, then it can be managed. But when it comes to the big file sizes, like videos and audios, they take up a considerable chunk of device memory storage.
And you know what happens when the device storage starts shrinking? The mobile starts performing slower than expected. Hence, it is very important to keep a tab on the downloads.
Thus, in our blog of the day, we would be discussing in detail how to Delete files on android.
Clearing up the download through Settings
Go for the following steps to complete the process of file clean-up through the Settings:
- Go to the device settings and then hit on the option for Apps on the menu.
- In the window, you can find the list of applications that have been downloaded from different sources.
- Tap on the app that you use quite rarely and hit on the Uninstall option in the next prompt window.
- Confirm the option and it would wipe out the data from the device storage.
Thus, this method offers a simple way of clearing out the app downloads.
Clearing the downloads from Apps Tray
As an added advantage, the users can also delete the required apps directly from the Apps Tray. Go for the following steps to implement the same:
- Go to the Apps tray on the device and you would find the collection of the same on the screen.
- Long press on any of the apps that you do not want in the device.
- It would show the option of Uninstall (a bin symbol). Hit on it.
- The next prompt would ask you to confirm the choice. Do so and the process would be completed.
Clearing the downloads via App Manager
Another impactful way to Delete files on android is by using the App Manager of the device. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Go to the Apps tray and find File Manager or My Files.
- Under the file manager, you can find options for different file types, like documents, pictures, images, audio, downloads, and archives. Go for the downloads option.
- Under this, you can find the entire list of file downloads that have been made for the device.
- Use the sort feature to arrange the files as per requirement and then select the ones not required by you.
- At the top, you would find the option for delete (alternatively a bin icon in some devices). Hit on it and confirm the selection.
Saving up the device from cache data
As a part of the storage management, you can also choose to remove the cache data that is another culprit for cluttering of the device memory. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Go to Settings->Device maintenance.
- Hit on the Storage option and it would show a dashboard of distribution.
- Select the option for Cached data and then go for cleaning those out.
- Confirm the changes and the required process would be done.
It is an important thing to do and clear out all of the junk files from the system.
With this, kudos to all of you, as you learned different ways to Delete files on android. Let us know if you have any doubts about the methods mentioned above.