Add a Signature in Outlook : The exchange of emails is something done every day and has become one of the reliable ways of communicating any piece of information. Be it for personal or professional causes, you are sure to find its application in wide areas and has hence led to the development of various applications, starting from Gmail, Yahoo Mail to Windows Mail.
When it comes to professional mailing activities, Outlook stands above every other service provider. It is used by nearly all of the industries and contains features that can ease up the work of the employees. One of such features is a signature at the end of every mail sent from an account. The blog of the day speaks in detail about how to create signature in outlook.
What is the need to create a Signature ?
In any business environment, the signature at the end of every mail plays an important role in sending out the required information about the sender. It includes the designation, location, email address, and contact number of the individual. Thus, the receiver can easily contact the former in case of further queries.
Also, signatures give a professional touch to the emails and authenticate the source of generation. Therefore, several companies have ensured that their workforce incorporates such a practice regularly.
Learn how to Link Outlook Calendar with iPhone
Adding the signature in Outlook on Windows PC
Follow the steps given below to add signature on Outlook in Windows:
- Launch Outlook software on the Windows PC.
- On the top-left corner of the screen, hit on File and it would prompt up to open a menu.
- Go down to Options present at the bottom of the menu and then hit on the option for Mailbox Settings at the right side of the screen.
- In the next window, you would be able to see a section of Compose Messages and under it, a button labeled as Signatures.
- Click on it and then hit on the New option on the pop up coming out.
- Enter a name for the signature and then the details related to it in the main box.
- At last, click on OK to confirm the changes and implement the signature during every mail transaction.
As an added advantage, Outlook offers customization in the signature (where you can change the font, color, text size, add images, and other things).
Adding the Signature in Mac devices
Now, the process to set up signature in outlook can also be completed on Mac devices. The overall process stays the same and only the interface changes. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Launch the Outlook app out of the launcher of MacBook.
- Click on the menu at the top-left corner of the screen and then go to Preferences.
- In the coming window, you can find a list of options and then select Signatures out of these. (Under the email section).
- In the next window, hit on the + symbol at the bottom and it would prompt up to create the new signature.
- Give a name to the signature and type out the exact details in the primary box.
- Format the signature as per your requirements and then click on OK to confirm the changes.
Adding the signature on Outlook Web
Even the web version of Outlook allows you to conveniently add the signatures and personalize the way of sending out information. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Go to the browser and launch the website version of Outlook on it.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, click on settings and select the option for View All at the bottom of the menu.
- In the next window, click on the Mail option and then go to Compose and Reply in the sub-section.
- Now the big description box comes up and you can easily type your signature with the required formatting.
- Select the boxes of automatically adding the signature in every mail sent by you and then click on save to confirm the changes.
Thus, irrespective of the platform, it has become very easy for the users to update their signatures on Outlook.
Implementing the signature
It is also important for you to implement the signatures in every email that you send. Therefore, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the option for a new email at the top-left corner of the bar.
- After entering into the Message tab of the window, type out your primary email contents on the white box given.
- In the end, look at the section for Include at the top and you would find the option for Signatures.
- Use the drop-down symbol and it would show the latest signature created by you.
- Click on it and it would get added to the mail body.
Similarly, you can also edit the existing signatures. Just follow the same pathway as mentioned above, bring the necessary changes and hit on save to confirm the changes.
With this, you learned about the way to add signature on the respective version of Outlook and add the required values of business ideals, authentication, and professionalism in your emails. Let us know of your queries in the comments section and they would get answered quickly.