Understanding about the Night Mode of Facebook App : There is hardly any user on the globe who is not acquainted with the usage of the Facebook website or app. Known for connecting people across different parts of the globe, it has now metamorphosed into something just beyond an ordinary social networking site.
And when it comes to the updates, the much-anticipated one is the Dark Mode/Night Mode that is about to be rolled out very soon on a global scale. Currently, a limited number of users have access to it on both desktop and mobile devices.
Therefore, in our blog of the day, we would be discussing How to Enable/Disable Dark mode on Facebook and utilize the same for our benefits.
Dark Mode / Night Mode on Facebook : Purpose
The primary purpose of rolling out the Dark mode feature is to reduce the strain on the eyes when someone is using the screen in a dark environment (ex- during night time). It counters the conventional thinking of lowering the brightness to view in the night time (because lower brightness means looking at a dim screen and it causes further stress to the eyes).
Along with this, some of the other benefits that can be reaped out of the Facebook Dark mode include the following:
- Effective for those who are sensitive to the bright light at night time (Dark mode ensures white text on black background for enhanced visibility).
- Acts as battery saver for many of the devices by reducing the intensity accordingly. (Huge benefit to AMOLED display where the black pixels are turned off automatically).
- Gives up a sleek appearance to the device.
- Improvises the readability during the night time or other dim light areas.
Read : How to enable Dark mode on Snapchat [ Android & iOS Device]
How to Enable Facebook Dark mode on Desktop
In case if you want to activate the option for dark mode on the desktop, then go for the steps given below:
- Sign in to the Facebook account on the browser.
- Click on the down arrow at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, an option for the Dark Mode comes up.
- Activate the same and the changes would get adjusted accordingly.
In case if you are not able to see the option, then the new feature is yet to be rolled out in your region. Alternatively, you can create a dark mode for the entire Google Chrome browser and it extends the same to all of the websites opened on it (including Facebook). Go for the steps given below to access it:
- Ensure that Google Chrome is updated as per the latest version.
- Enter chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark in the search bar and hit on enter to go for the settings of the same.
- Change the setting to Enabled on the drop-down at the right.
- Relaunch the browser to save the changes and have a look at the new dark background of the browser.
You can also roll back to the previous mode by following the above steps and changing the setting from Enabled to Default.
Turn on Facebook Dark Mode on Mobile
If you want to bring the necessary changes to the mobile app (be it from Android or iOS), then go for the steps given below:
- Open up the Facebook app on the mobile.
- Hit on the three horizontal bars at the top screen and go to the Settings and Privacy option from the drop-down.
- Scroll down to find the option for Dark Mode.
- Activate it and then relaunch the app to see the changes.
Alternatively, if the update is yet to be rolled out on your app, then you can follow the way mentioned in the previous section of converting the Chrome browser into dark mode on your device.
Write back to us in case of further queries related to the changeover from normal to dark modes. Like, share, and subscribe to us for more of such informative blogs in the future.