It used to be very fun days when there were competitions held amongst kids for remembering the contact numbers of each other. In the age of landline telephones, numbers were almost present at the tip of the tongue and there was hardly any requirement for a telephone book.
But the inception of smartphones has changed that scenario to a great extent. With the heavy dependency on the contacts and facility of favorites, people hardly bother about remembering anyone’s numbers and refer to the contacts list for further information. And it might happen sometimes that you would be forgetting your number also!
It may sound funny, but many Android users face difficulty in finding their numbers for other reasons. It might be due to changing of the handset or swapping of SIM cards. Whatsoever may be the reason, we have to go all of these covered.
Thus, in our blog of the day, we would be discussing in detail finding own phone number on Android devices.
How to Find the Phone Number of your Android Device ?
General Method to Find Phone Number
Follow the steps given below to extract your number from the device instantaneously:
- Open the Android settings present on the Home screen of the device. (Present in the form of gear).
- Scroll down and find the option of About Phone out of the list of options given. Generally, it lies under the heading of ‘System’.
- You would find an option for ‘Status’ in the list displayed on the next window.
- Tap on it and you may find the number being displayed instantaneously on the screen.
- If not, then hit on the ‘SIM status’ option and the number gets displayed under ‘My phone number’.
It is one of the most common ways of finding out your number on Android devices.
Find Your Phone Number Using Messages App
If you want to go for another shortcut, then follow the steps given below:
- Open the Messages app on your respective Android device.
- Go to the Settings option it displayed as three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down to check the phone number displayed.
This method comes in very handy in case of a quick referral to your phone number. In some cases, the messaging app shows an SMSC number, which can further be used to trace the actual number linked to it.
As a silver lining, you can also know your number by dialing 1-800-444-4444. It would read out your number (i.e. the SIM from where you are calling) and you can note down the same easily.
These days, when you buy new SIM cards, the numbers would be put up in the external covering of the card. You can always reach out to the same and keep a note of your number.
Thus, there are different ways of knowing your phone number on an Android device. Let us know of your queries in the comments section and we would resolve those out at the earliest.