The face of e-commerce websites : When it comes to the discussion on e-commerce websites, the first name that comes into the minds is Amazon. The impact created by it has caused to take up a significant share in the market and thus redefine the standards of reliability that people expect from such websites.
In Amazon, whenever you order some item, it gets saved in your order history and can be traced back anytime in the future to get details for any reference. Also, the items searched by you appear in the search bar frequently and thus save up your time in finding it back (if you want to reorder the same).
But there would be times where you do not want any order to be seen by someone else using your profile. Therefore, you have the option to archive the same and hide it from history. Read more to know about this process and how could you access the archived orders in the future.
Popular reasons to Archive Orders on Amazon
As defined earlier, archived orders are the ones that do not get visible in the order history and can be accessed only by the primary user. Since the option is not set by default, you have to archive each of the orders individually and manually. Some of the popular reasons to archive any order include the following:
- Purchased a secret gift that you do not want anyone else to know about.
- Prevent your kids from viewing anything that is not meant for them.
- Maintaining privacy in case of your account being used by multiple people for ordering.
Hence, whatsoever may be the reason, such an option allows you to maintain decent privacy.
- How to Contact Amazon Customer Service in case of issues
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership Account ?
How to Archive Orders on Amazon [ Step by Step process ]
Follow the steps given below to archive your order on Amazon:
- Log in to the Amazon website on the browser via PC or visit the app on mobile devices.
- Click on the option of Returns and Orders in the top section of the profile.
- Scroll through the orders and find the one that is intended to be hidden from others.
- Click on the option for Order Details and choose Archive Order out of the options displayed.
- Confirm the selection and the order would get hidden from the public display.
How to Access / See archived order on Amazon ?
In case if you want to refer back to the Archived order in the future, you can do so easily with few clicks. Go for the following steps to execute it:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on the downward arrowhead and go to the Accounts and Lists option.
- Select your Account from the above option and it would redirect you to another page.
- Under the subsection of Ordering and Shopping preferences, you can find the option to view the Archived Orders.
- Click on it and it would display the list of orders archived by you.
Alternate Way to View Archived Orders on Amazon
Alternatively, you can also go for the following steps to access the archived orders:
- Go to the option of View Orders on the main account screen.
- On the page, you can view a drop-down that can present your display basis the filter selected.
- By default, it is set to 6 months. You can open up the drop-down to view more options.
- Scroll down to the end to view the option of Archived Orders.
- Hit on it to open up the list of such orders. You can also choose to individually unarchive each of those.
Therefore, the process of archiving and unarchiving orders on Amazon have been made quite effortless. Let us know of your queries or suggestions in the comments section.