YouTube does not restrict your ability to watch videos. However, you might want to download videos for offline viewing if you have limited internet access. You can download videos from the YouTube app [ both for Android or iOS] , but you will still need to view the videos via the YouTube app.
Technically, YouTube videos cannot be saved to the Camera roll directly via the YouTube app. However, third-party apps can be used to download YouTube Videos and save it in your gallery or camera roll.
- 1 How to Save YouTube Videos to Camera Roll ?
- 1.1 1) How to save YouTube videos to your Camera Roll on iOS Devices
- 1.2 2) Save YouTube videos to your Camera Roll on Android
- 1.3 Best Online Video Downloaders (YouTube Video Downloaders)
- 1.4 Benefits of Saving YouTube Videos Your Camera Roll or Gallery :
- 1.5 Con’s of Downloading YouTube videos to your Camera Roll
How to Save YouTube Videos to Camera Roll ?
1) How to save YouTube videos to your Camera Roll on iOS Devices
To save YouTube videos to your Camera roll on iOS, you will need to download a third-party application. We will use the Documents by Readdle application to accomplish this. Here are the steps.
- Copy the YouTube URL address you wish to download.
- Download, install, and open Documents by Readdle.
- Lower-right corner of the screen you can see a option to i.e. compass icon. Just tap it.
- Open the Y2Mate website using the Safari web browser. Copy the YouTube URL you copied from the search bar, and then click the Download button.
- Next, choose the video quality that you wish to download.
- After downloading the video, it will be found in your Downloads folder.
- Once the video has been downloaded, click on the Share button in the bottom left corner.
- Select the Save Video option on the next screen.
- The video will be saved in your Camera roll.
Now you can Open the Camera Roll folder and you’ll find your video there.
2) Save YouTube videos to your Camera Roll on Android
It is much easier to save YouTube videos to your Gallery on Android. This method will download YouTube videos to your Gallery and let you access them via the Gallery app.
a) Download YouTube Videos with SSYouTube.
- Open Google Chrome Browser on your Android device.
- Next, go to any YouTube downloader website. We have used SSYoutube here.
- Copy the link to the YouTube video that you wish to download.
- Once you have done that, copy the video link to the SSYoutube website. Then click on the Download icon.
- All the available download options are available on the SSYouTube website. The first step is to select the quality of the video and then the downloading will begin.
- After downloading the video, you can drag it to your Downloads folder. The video will remain on your Gallery app, even if it isn’t moved.
This is how to save YouTube videos on your Android smartphone’s camera roll or gallery app.
b) Download YouTube Videos with Y2mate
Another web application which lets you to download YouTube videos to your Android device is Y2mate.
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Visit Y2Mate on Web Browser.
- Search for the YouTube video that you wish to download using the search bar. Search results will appear automatically under the search bar as you type.
- Once you have found the video that you wish to download, click the green Download button beneath it.
- The embedded YouTube video will be displayed in a new tab. There are several options to download it. The resolution number will determine the quality of the image and the size of the file.
- Click the green Download button next the version you wish to download.
- Click Download.mp4. Save the video to your device.
It’s now possible to share the video on social media or email it to friends. You can also view it offline.
Apart from the above mentioned Online Video downloaders you can use other thirty party apps which has gathered fame & trust among internet users.
Best Online Video Downloaders (YouTube Video Downloaders)
You can use other online video downloaders if the SSYouTube and Y2Mate are not working or if you are not satisfied with their performance.
You can find myriad number of online video downloading sites. These are just a few.
- Uni Converter
- 5K Player
- Video Hunter
- Freemake Video Downloader
- aTube Catcher
- Winx Youtube Downloader
Nearly all allow you to download videos directly from YouTube and Vimeo. In our next blog post we will plan a detailed article on top YouTube Video Downloaders , which will clear all your doubts on choosing the best video downloader.
Benefits of Saving YouTube Videos Your Camera Roll or Gallery :
Downloading YouTube videos to your iOS and Android devices has many benefits.
- The videos can be viewed offline. This is great for traveling.
- The video will not contain advertisements. [
- It is easy to send the video via email or through an app.
- Moreover you don’t need an internet connection to view the video.
Con’s of Downloading YouTube videos to your Camera Roll
Personally there won’t be any con’s for you but for Youtube channel owners & Video creators, they will loose money.
As you have downloaded the video, You won’t see advertising while playing the video. So its like a curse to YouTube Channel owner. This means that your views will not financially support the creator of the video.
Apart from this there won’t be any negative effects in downloading & saving youtube videos to Camera roll.
That’s it from our end. Any suggestions about saving Youtube videos to Camera Roll, do let us know in the comments section.