With the advancement in the mobile world, people are getting more and more inclined towards the clicking of pictures from their Android or iPhone and then transferring across different platforms. In the case of Android, transfer between the ecosystems is pretty simple and effortless, but the same is not the case with the iPhone. Over here, the transfer becomes very tough if you do not own a Mac book along with the iPhone and more problems would pile up if you are a Chromebook user. Being different from the conventional laptops, they already have different interfaces and over it, if you are looking for ways to Connect iPhone to Chromebook, then you might face some setbacks. Do not worry, we have got it covered in our blog.
3 Different Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Chromebook
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Chromebook Using Google Drive
One of the easiest tricks to take out of the sleeve is using Google Drive on your iPhone to back up the photos. Follow these steps for the same:
- Download Google Drive from the Apple Store of your iPhone.
- Open the app after it is downloaded on the device.
- Hit on the red plus button that appears at the bottom of the screen and you will be given with the options to choose from.
- Hit on the Upload icon and it will direct you to options for selecting the photo from.
- You can choose either the photos and videos stored in the device storage or go for the ones backed up in iCloud.
- Give device permission for Drive to access your gallery and then select the photo to be uploaded.
- Now, you can open up Google Drive on your Chromebook and download the pictures of your iPhone.
Using iCloud extension to Transfer Photos to Chromebook from iPhone
Let us say that you want to go for a less hassled option and want to opt for iCloud for chromebook. Follow the steps given below to use this option:
- Open Google Chrome of your Chromebook and go to the Chrome Store.
- Search for iCloud on the extensions and then add it to your browser.
- After it is added, click on launch extension and it will direct to the sign-in option into the iCloud account.
- Sign in to the extension with your iCloud credentials and you would be able to view your account easily.
However, some of the users of older models of Chromebook have raised the issue of not being able to download the photos from the iCloud extension. Thus in such cases refer to your manufacturer for better resolution.
Using the USB Cable to Connect iPhone to Chromebook
Another of the easiest tricks for the photo transfer process would be using the USB cable to connect your iPhone with the Chromebook. Go for these steps to execute this method:
- Connect your iPhone to the Chromebook via the USB cable.
- A popup would come up on your device to ask permission for accessing the media content. Hit on Allow.
- Then the device would get registered on your Chromebook and you would go to the File Manager to view it.
- Double click on the iPhone option and you can access all of the media.
- Copy and paste the required files into your device.
This method might be a bit slow in terms of the time taken for the transfer.
Therefore, congratulations to all of the Chromebook users because you learned three methods to transfer photos from iPhone, including the iPhoto types to your device, and also got aware of the pros and cons of each. Let us know in the comments section if you found any new solution or have issues with the ones suggested by us.