The process of updating the BIOS on the Dell laptop is a crucial task that can increase the stability and performance of your laptop. However, in certain instances it may not be able update the BIOS with the standard Windows-based method. In particular, you could experience problems that are not compatible with Windows operating system, or you may need to upgrade the BIOS of an unsupported system. come with Windows installed. In these situations you are able to upgrade the BIOS of your Dell laptop with other methods.
This article will provide you with a an easy-to-follow guide on how to update the BIOS of your Dell laptop, even without Windows.
Update dell bios without windows
Step 1: Determine the Dell laptop model. Prior to you start the BIOS update It is essential to determine the Dell laptop’s model. This can be done by looking at the label at the top of your laptop, or by visiting the Dell support site and entering the service tag number of your laptop.
Step 2 Install The BIOS update file. Once you have identified the Dell laptop’s model visit the Dell support site and Download the BIOS update file that is specific to your laptop model. You will find the BIOS update file in the “Drivers and Downloads” section. Be sure to choose the right BIOS update file that is compatible with the operating system of your laptop.
Step 3 Create an bootable USB drive to upgrade the BIOS with out Windows it is necessary to create an bootable USB drive that contains your BIOS upgrade file. You can make use of Rufus or the Rufus tool or Dell BIOS update tool to create the bootstrapped USB drive.
To make bootable USB drive with Rufus Follow these steps:
- Get and install Rufus from the official site.
- Connect the USB drive to your computer and then launch Rufus.
- Choose the USB drive in the Device drop-down menu.
- Under the section for Boot selection Choose “Disk or ISO image.”
- Click the Select button, then browse to the place that you’ve saved your BIOS upgrade file.
- Click the Start button to start with the creation of an capable of booting USB drive.
To make an bootable USB drive by using Dell BIOS update utility.
Dell BIOS update utility, follow these steps:
- You can download and install and install the Dell BIOS update tool on Dell support website.
- Start the Dell BIOS update utility and select the “Create Bootable USB Drive” option.
- Browse to the place in which it was saved to the BIOS update file, and then select it.
- Follow the instructions on screen to make an USB drive that can boot. USB drive.
Step 4 Update the BIOS Once you’ve made bootable USB drives that contains the BIOS update file then you are able to proceed with the process of updating your BIOS on the Dell laptop. The steps are as follows:
- Plug the bootable USB drive inside Your Dell laptop.
- Restart your laptop and then press the F12 button repeatedly until you see the boot menu.
- Choose that option, which will boot off the USB drive, and then hit Enter.
- Follow the on-screen directions to start your BIOS updating process.
- Then wait until the BIOS update process to finish. Don’t delay the process as this could result in irreparable harm to the system.
- After you are sure that the BIOS update is completed reboot your laptop and then remove from the drive.
Updating your BIOS of your Dell laptop with no Windows might seem overwhelming however it’s quite simple. If you follow the steps laid out in the article you will be able to easily update your BIOS of your Dell laptop to improve the performance and stability of your laptop. Be sure to make a backup of your most important data prior to making changes to the BIOS and take care to be aware of any problems.