For the safety : In today’s time, data theft has become very common, and malicious content is spread nearly everywhere on the web domain to steal sensitive data. Therefore, for all the organizations and educational institutions, data safety has become the need of the hour and as a result, all of their systems or laptops have been given administrative protection. As per that, a certain number of websites are blocked from the system and thus you cannot access those. There would be times where you want to watch your favorite video on Youtube and find it to be blocked by the device. In our blog for the day, we would be letting you know of the tricks to get done with this problem and manually unblock your desired websites on the Chromebook.
How to Unblock Websites on Chromebook ?
Go for the following steps to unblock the websites on your Chromebook:
- Open Google Chrome on your device and move to the three dots at the top right corner.
- Go to the Settings option coming from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Advanced section of the Settings box.
- This section will open up the advanced settings that can be done for the device, like privacy, language, password settings to name a few.
- Go to The System section and click on Open Proxy Settings.
- Once the dialog box opens up for the Open Proxy Settings, go to the Connections tab of the Internet properties and then select the LAN settings option.
- This will lead you to the display where you can either choose for automatic configuration or proxy server. Uncheck the first option and check on the second one.
- After selecting the Proxy option, you will be asked to enter the IP address and associated port number for the website that you want to go into.
- Enter the details and hit on OK.
Thus, you will be able to get access now to the desired website.
The alternate way to Unblock Websites on Chromebook
If the above method does not work, then you can take the help of free VPN Chrome extensions. Just go to your Chrome Store and add one of the best free VPNs as the extension. After it is done, you will be able to activate it and visit any of the websites that you want to watch.
Bypass School Filter
For the schoolkids, it is obvious to know that the school-sponsored Chromebooks have been safeguarded with internet filters to keep them away from the dark world. But, in case if they find some website that is meant for their use also under the block, then they can go for few tricks up the sleeve to Bypass School filter. Some of the popular ones are mentioned below:
- Use HTTPS instead of HTTP, since the latter port number is generally blocked for the websites and thus they can go for the former that is not blocked.
- Use an unblocking website, that would guide to the proxy server and prevent the school from filtering out or putting any of these searches under the radar.
- Use VPNs or their extensions on the Chrome browser
Therefore, as a school kid, you can go for these famous tricks. But keep in mind, the last two are generally risky and often lead to trouble. Thus, ensure that you take any elder’s help if the first option does not work. Let us know your opinions in our comment section.